7. Apple Cider Vinegar
You can also heal different types of scars with apple cider vinegar. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. This promotes the growth of healthy skin cells and reduces the appearance of scars. In addition, apple cider vinegar balances the pH level of your skin, which is essential for healthy skin texture.
- Mix equal amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water. Dip a cotton ball in it and apply it on the scar. Leave it on for 5 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Do this once daily.
- Alternatively, prepare a solution with 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply this mixture on the scar, leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is an excellent natural moisturizer that can heal scars of all types. It penetrates deep into the skin and keeps the affected area moisturized longer.
This promotes the growth of new skin tissues in place of damaged ones. In addition, the vitamin E in cocoa butter aids skin repair.
- Apply a spoonful of pure cocoa butter on the scar and massage it gently using firm, circular motions.
- Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning with lukewarm water.
- Repeat daily until the scar fades.