9. Colloidal Silver
Colloidal silver is a great option when it comes to treating ringworm of the body. It has potent antifungal abilities that help fight the root cause of the problem.
Plus, it’s nontoxic and it starts working almost immediately.
- Spray some colloidal silver on the area and let it dry. Repeat 2 or 3 times per day until the infection clears up.
- Also, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of colloidal silver to a glass of filtered water. Drink it twice daily for 1 month to destroy all the harmful fungi within the body.
Iodine tincture is effective in eliminating ringworm of the body, due to its antifungal and antiseptic properties. It not only helps fight the root cause of the problem but also prevents the infection from spreading.
To treat ringworm, you need 2 percent iodine solution, which you can easily find in a nearby drug store.
- Soak a cotton ball or cotton swab in the 2 percent iodine solution.
- Dab it on the affected area.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a day for a few weeks.
- Do not scratch the affected areas of your skin, as it will only spread the infection to other areas.
- Backent ringworm of the body by avoiding with someone who has the infection.
- If you have a pet, make sure he does not have a ringworm infection.
- Build your immune system to help fight the infection by eating foods rich in vitamin C, D, and zinc.
- To fight an infection, also eat foods like whole grains, vegetables, olives, coconut, eggs, seafood, yogurt, garlic, lemon, oranges, and grapefruit.
- Avoid foods like sugar, alcohol, cheese, bread containing yeast and chocolate.
- To treat mild ringworm, you can try applying an over-the-counter antifungal cream on your skin.
- Avoid wearing thick clothing for long periods of time in warm, humid weather.
- Avoid excessive sweating by staying in a cool place.
- Water-related Diseases. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/diseases-risks/diseases/ringworm/en/. Accessed February 15, 2018.
- Mota ACLG, Castro RD, Oliveira JA, Lima EO. Antifungal Activity of Apple Cider Vinegar on Candida Species Involved in Denture Stomatitis. Journal of Prosthodontics. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jopr.12207/abstract. Published September 14, 2014. Accessed February 15, 2018.
- Hammer KA, Carson CF, Riley TV. Antifungal activity of the components of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil. Journal of applied microbiology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12969301. Accessed February 15, 2018.
- Ogbolu DO, Oni AA, Daini OA, Oloko AP. In vitro antimicrobial properties of coconut oil on Candida species in Ibadan, Nigeria. Journal of medicinal food. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17651080. Published June 2007. Accessed February 15, 2018.