Another good remedy for body ringworm is turmeric. It works as an effective antifungal that inhibits the growth of the fungus responsible for this infection.
It also has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that aid the healing process.
- Extract the juice from grated, raw turmeric root. Apply the juice on the ringworm 2 or 3 times a day until the infection clears.
- Alternatively, mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric with enough olive oil to form a paste. Apply it on the affected area. Cover the area with a bandage or gauze if you wish to prevent getting turmeric stains on your clothes. After 1 to 2 hours, rinse off the turmeric paste and reapply it. Do this until the infection is gone.
- Turmeric can be taken in the form of a supplement, too. Consult your doctor for the correct dosage.
Licorice has strong fungicidal compounds, hence it can be used to treat fungal infections like ringworm of the body.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a saucepan, and add 5 or 6 teaspoons of licorice root powder to it.
- Bring it to a boil, then let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain it and allow the solution to cool down.
- Soak a cotton ball in the liquid and dab it on the affected areas.
- Leave it on for at least 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a day until you see improvement.