7. Onion Juice
Onion juice is believed to be a brilliant home remedy for thinning hair and premature graying. Recently, researchers found that gray hair is chiefly caused by a buildup of hydrogen peroxide at the base of the hair follicles and a decrease in a natural antioxidant compound, called catalase. Onion juice promotes the production of this compound.
- Apply onion juice onto your scalp, massage, and leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Repeat the process daily for a few weeks.
8. Black Tea
Black tea helps darken your hair, as well as soften it and add shine.
- Boil two teaspoons of black tea in a cup of water. Add a teaspoon of salt. Allow it to cool.
- Rinse your hair with this a few times. The last time, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water but do not use shampoo.
- Repeat the process once or twice a week.
Another easy way to darken your hair is to mix ground coffee in your hair conditioner while applying it.