7. Tea Tree Oil
The antiseptic nature of tea tree oil can help relieve pain and reduce the risk of infection due to an ingrown toenail.
- Put 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of any carrier oil, such as olive or coconut oil.
- Apply it on the ingrown toenail and cover it with a bandage.
- Do this three times daily until you are satisfied with the result.
Along with tea tree oil, lavender or oregano essential oil can also be used.
Note: If irritation occurs after applying any essential oil, stop using it.
8. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, has inflammation-reducing and pain-suppressing properties that can alleviate pain, inflammation and swelling due to an ingrown toenail.
It even reduces the risk of an infection and also promotes healing.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in 4 cups of water. Strain and allow it to cool down a bit. Soak the affected toe in this solution for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure to dry the area thoroughly. Repeat twice daily.
- Also, before going to bed, apply neem oil on the affected area and leave it on overnight. Do this daily.