7. Coconut Oil
The lubricating nature of coconut oil will stop lice from moving around freely, preventing it from multiplying.
- First, rinse your hair thoroughly with apple cider vinegar and allow it to dry.
- Then completely saturate the hair and scalp with coconut oil. Cover your head with a shower cap or towel and leave it on for six to eight hours or overnight.
- In the morning, comb your hair and then shampoo as usual.
Repeat this every day for a week to eradicate lice. To make the treatment more effective, add several drops of anise essential oil to the coconut oil prior to application.
8. White Vinegar
Another safe and inexpensive method for eliminating head lice is white vinegar. White vinegar possesses acetic acid, which can destroy lice.
- Dilute white vinegar with an equal amount of water.
- Saturate the hair and scalp with the solution and then wrap a towel around the hair for about an hour or two.
- Go dip a comb in white vinegar and comb your hair, focusing on one small section of hair at a time.
You can also rinse your hair with white vinegar before and after shampooing.
9. Sesame Seed Oil
High in antibacterial, antifungal and natural insecticide properties, sesame seed oil can also be used to solve the problem of head lice.
- Mix together one-fourth cup of sesame seed oil, one-eighth cup of neem oil, one teaspoon of tea tree oil, one-half teaspoon of eucalyptus and rosemary essential oils, and about 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar and allow it to dry.
- Apply the oil solution to the hair and scalp, cover with a shower cap or towel and leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, comb your hair thoroughly to remove the dead lice. Then shampoo normally.
Repeat this treatment daily for one or two weeks.
Mayonnaise contains a lot of oil, which has viscosity properties that will suffocate live head lice.
- Apply full-fat mayonnaise liberally over your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap or towel and leave it on for about eight hours or overnight.
- Shampoo and then comb any remaining lice out of your hair.
Repeat this daily for one week.
You need to be patient and diligent using these remedies to get rid of the problem of head lice completely.