7. Boric Acid
Boric acid is another effective remedy that kills odor-causing bacteria, thereby eliminating foot odor.
- Dust a little boric acid powder on your sweaty feet for a few days to get rid of foot odor.
- You can also mix one-half cup each of boric acid and white vinegar in two cups of water. Spray the inside of your shoes with it.
8. Sugar Scrub
Sugar has several other uses other than as a sweetener. Sugar aids in removing dead cells. Removing dead skin and calluses will also help eliminate foot odor as they too can contribute to smelly feet. Regular use helps clean your feet and also prevent the formation of calluses. You can make a powerful homemade scrub by following these directions.
- Mix three parts sugar, one part clean water and five parts isopropyl alcohol (91 percent or above) to create a thick mixture.
- Scrub your feet with the mixture for five to 10 minutes to remove dead skin cells and bacteria and then wash your feet.
- Do this at least three times a week.
Note: For better results, soak your feet in warm water before using this sugar scrub recipe.