Parsley helps draw out toxic materials from eyelid cysts, in turn promoting healing. It also acts as a mild antibacterial agent that fights infection.
- Place a handful of fresh parsley in a small bowl.
- Pour a cup of boiling water over it and allow the water to cool.
- Dip a clean washcloth in this water and wring out the excess.
- Place this warm, moist cloth over the affected area for 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy about 3 times a day for a week.
10. Maintain Personal Hygiene
When you have an eyelid cyst, maintaining personal hygiene can promote quick recovery. It will also help fight off infection.
- Wash your eyelids regularly with a little baby shampoo mixed in warm water.
- Do not share towels or handkerchiefs with anyone, including family members.
- Wash your hands and fingers thoroughly before touching your eyes.
- Keep the area around your eyes clean at all times.
- Try your best not to touch or rub your eyes.
- If you use cosmetics, stop using them, for some time. Avoid using lenses as well.
- Avoid sharing your eye makeup, even with those closest to you.
- Replace eye makeup, especially mascara, at least every 6 months.
- Protect your eyes from dust and air pollution.
- Do not squeeze or scratch the cyst. Let it open on its own.