7. Olive Oil
Olive oil has powerful anti-inflammatory effects that can help relieve eczema symptoms. Plus, it can soften the skin, reduce redness and fade the scars.
- Gently massage the affected area with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place a hot washcloth over the area, leaving it on until the cloth totally cools. Then wipe away the excess oil with lukewarm water.
- Do this once or twice a day.
If olive oil is not available then you can use coconut oil in the same way.
8. Lemon Juice
The acidic property of lemon juice acts as a natural antiseptic that can lighten old eczema scars. The vitamin C present in lemon juice also helps your body create new skin cells and brightens the skin tone.
- Apply fresh lemon juice onto the affected area twice daily and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can exfoliate the skin with a mixture of one part lemon juice and one part sugar. Use this remedy few times a week before going to bed.