Honey has moisturizing and antibacterial properties, making it an excellent treatment for dry and cracked heels.
- Stir one cup of honey in a foot tub filled with warm water.
- Soak your feet in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrub your feet gently.
- Do this daily or several times a week until you see improvement.
10. Petroleum Jelly
You can use petroleum jelly on dry, rough skin to prevent cracked heels and leave your feet soft and well moisturized.
- Scrub the hard dead skin around your feet after soaking them in warm water and then apply petroleum jelly over the entire heel area. You can also mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in petroleum jelly and then apply.
- Cover your feet with socks so that the petroleum jelly soaks into the skin.
- For best results, do this daily before going to bed.
At the first sign of cracked heels, try these natural treatments to restore soft and smooth skin on your heels. Also, keep your body well hydrated by drinking plenty of water and follow a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids.
In case you develop severe cracked feet, or have diabetes or impaired circulation then make sure you consult a podiatrist or doctor.