7. Baking Soda
For treating canker sores, baking soda is a very good ingredient as it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Plus, it helps restore the pH balance in the mouth.
- Combine baking soda and a little water to make a paste. Apply it to the affected area.
- You can also add some baking soda to warm water and use the solution as a mouth rinse several times a day.
- Another mouth rinse can be made with salt, baking soda, and hydrogen peroxide. Rinse with this solution four or five times a day. Within a day or two, you will feel relief from the pain and other symptoms associated with canker sores.
The calming properties of sage can instantly relieve pain associated with canker sores. Moreover, it has an astringent and drying effect on canker sores.
- Add about three teaspoons of sage leaves to two cups of boiling water and let it steep for about 15 minutes. Allow the solution to cool and then rinse your mouth with it several times a day.
- Another option is to apply the powder form of sage leaves directly onto the canker sore. Do this several times a day. You should have complete relief in a few days.