9. Mustard Seeds
One good remedy for the problem of bedwetting is mustard seeds. Mustard seeds can be of great help to those suffering from urinary tract infections.
- Stir one-half teaspoon of dry mustard seed powder in a cup of warm milk.
- Give this drink to your child at night one hour before going to bed.
Jaggery has a heating effect on the body. When the body remains warm from inside, the problem of bedwetting vanishes soon.
- Each morning give your child a small piece of jaggery along with a cup of warm milk.
- After one hour, give your child roasted celery seeds and roasted sesame seeds in equal amounts with a pinch of rock salt.
- Repeat this daily for about two months.
- Anxiety and stress tend to make bedwetting worse. So, instead of blaming or punishing your child, treat your child with love and support to relieve their embarrassment.
- Encourage your child to empty the bladder just before going to the bed.
- Install night-lights and make sure that your child has easy access to the bathroom at night.
- Offer simple reinforcements or rewards when there are dry night.
- Encourage your child to drink more fluids during morning and afternoon but limit fluid intake in the evening.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages, even hot chocolate, as caffeine stimulates the bladder.
- Treat constipation. Urine control and stool elimination use the same muscles. With chronic constipation, these muscles become dysfunctional and contribute to bedwetting.
- Use waterproof sheets to protect the mattress.
- You can also use a bedwetting alarm.
Bedwetting is not a problem that can be solved in a day or two. Be patient and allow these remedies time to work.