9. Aloe Vera
The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera can stimulate healing of that painful lump in your armpit. It also helps reduce pain and swelling.
- Extract the fresh gel from an aloe vera leaf.
- Apply it to the affected area, rubbing gently in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
- Use this remedy 2 or 3 times daily for about a week.
10. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another good remedy for armpit lumps due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Being a good moisturizer, it also promotes healing.
- Warm up some coconut oil and apply it on your armpit. Using gentle strokes, massage the affected area for 5 minutes. Gentle massage enhances blood circulation and helps bring down the swelling. Repeat a few times daily for a week.
- You can also eat 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil daily.
- Avoid caffeine as it can delay the healing process.
- Avoid spicy foods that make you sweat more, which can result in more bacterial development.
- To aid the healing process, keep your armpit clean and dry. Wash it regularly with antibacterial soap and keep the area dry, as much as possible.
- Do not share your towels or toiletries with others.
- Avoid scratching the lump, which can hamper healing and cause the infection to spread.
- Avoid shaving your underarms when you have a lump, which can further aggravate the condition.
- Avoid using any talcum powder or antiperspirants with high fragrance until the lump subsides.