7. Castor Oil
Castor oil has ricinoleic acid, which serves as an anti-inflammatory agent. This is why castor oil helps reduce pain and inflammation so effectively.
- Wash the affected eye area with baby shampoo and warm water.
- Apply a warm compress over the affected eyelid for five minutes.
- Use a cotton swab to apply castor oil on the raised bump on the eyelid.
- Repeat twice daily for a few days.
8. Guava Leaves
Due to their natural healing power, guava leaves are considered a good home remedy for sties. The leaves also possess anti-inflammatory properties that help eliminate the redness and swelling of the affected eyelid.
- Wash two or three guava leaves in hot water.
- Soak a cloth in hot water and wring out the excess water.
- Put the guava leaves on the warm cloth and wrap it well.
- Allow it to cool down, and then take out one leaf.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it on for about five minutes.
- Repeat the same with the other leaves.
- Do this twice daily for three to four days.