9. Almond Oil
Almond oil is an excellent source of vitamin E and, hence, is considered the best emollient and lubricator for dry skin. Also, its antioxidant property is good for your skin’s overall health. In addition, because this oil is non-greasy, it is easily absorbed in the skin.
- Gently warm up some pure almond oil. Massage your body lightly with the warm oil a half an hour before taking a shower. After your shower when your skin is still damp, apply some light moisturizer. Do this once daily.
- Drink a glass of warm milk mixed with one teaspoon of almond oil before going to bed. Repeat every night to enjoy healthier skin as well as sound sleep.
Note: Those who are allergic to almonds must not use the almond oil remedies.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing, antiseptic and antifungal properties that can help combat dry, irritated skin and prevent flaking. This simple remedy will moisturize your skin and form a protective layer that will keep your skin free from any kind of impurities.
- Cut open a fresh aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel out of it.
- Apply the gel on your dry skin. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice daily.
Try these easy remedies to relieve the discomfort that comes from dry skin and restore its natural soft, smooth texture.