Another good herb to treat dizziness is feverfew. It can also treat accompanying symptoms like headaches, nausea and vomiting. It also improves blood circulation.
- Eat a few fresh feverfew leaves when you feel dizzy to overcome the symptoms.
- You can also steep 1 teaspoon each of dried feverfew leaves and peppermint leaves in a cup of hot water for 15 to 20 minutes, then strain it. Drink this tea a few times daily for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, you can take feverfew supplements after consulting your doctor.
10. Eat Healthy
Eating a healthy diet can help prevent dizziness by eliminating many of the conditions that contribute to it. You can prevent dizziness related to anemia, low blood pressure and low blood sugar by eating foods high in iron, vitamin A, folic acid and fiber. Also, choose foods that are low in sugar and fat.
- Eat iron-rich foods like liver, tofu, spinach, almonds, dates, lentils, fortified breakfast cereals and asparagus. You can opt to take an iron supplement, after consulting your doctor.
- Include foods rich in vitamin C in your diet, such as oranges, lemons, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit and spinach. You can opt for vitamin C supplements after consulting your doctor.
- Also, eat foods rich in folic acid like green leafy vegetables, liver, sprouts, fortified cereals, peanuts, bananas and broccoli.
- Avoid iron-blocking beverages like coffee, beer and wine.
Eat small meals several times a day and do not skip meals, especially breakfast.
- Sit or lie down immediately when you feel dizzy.
- If you are experiencing an imbalance in your body’s equilibrium due to dizziness, lie down and concentrate on the immobile objects around you. This will distract your mind from the dizziness.
- Incorporate some sort of physical exercises in your daily life to improve blood circulation throughout your body and prevent dizziness.
- Once a week, massage your whole body to boost blood circulation.
- Get plenty of rest when suffering from a health issue to help your body recuperate faster and minimize feelings of dizziness.
- Go for a yoga session and meditation to help you come out of the problem effectively.
- Avoid moving and standing up suddenly if you are have had previous instances of dizziness.
- Avoid driving a car if you experience frequent dizziness.
- Avoid using caffeine, alcohol and tobacco as these substances can worsen your condition.