7. Dandelion Root
Dandelion root tea aids in detoxification due to its liver-detoxifying and diuretic properties. Plus, it promotes cleansing of the kidneys and bladder and relieves issues like water retention, upset stomach, constipation, and improves the flow of bile.
Also, it contains nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamins B and C, which help mineral absorption and reduce inflammation.
- Boil two teaspoons of dried dandelion root in a cup of water.
- Turn off the heat, cover the container, and let it steep for about 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening, for a few days or weeks.
Note: If you have gallstones or gallbladder problems, consult your doctor before using this herb.
8. Licorice Root
Licorice root tea works as a good detox drink to cleanse the body of chemical contaminants. It will help cut sugar cravings as sugar tends to impede detox efforts.
Plus, it has expectorant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-allergic, immune-boosting, and soothing properties.
- Drink 1 cup of licorice root tea daily for a few days.
- Add one tablespoon of crushed licorice root and one teaspoon of ground ginger to one and one-half cups of boiling water. Let it simmer for five to 10 minutes. Finally, strain the solution and stir in one teaspoon of lemon juice. Drink this once daily for a few days.
Note: Do not take licorice root in excess as it may cause unwanted side effects like increased blood pressure and sodium retention. Do not drink more than 1 cup per day if you currently have elevated blood pressure.