Turmeric is also highly recommended for dark elbows and knees. It can help maintain an even tone and adds a nice glow to the skin.
- Mix a little turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of milk cream. Apply it on your knees and elbows and massage for a few minutes. Allow it to dry, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, combine equal amounts of turmeric powder and gram flour. Add enough rose water to it to make a paste. Massage this paste onto your elbows and knees. Leave it on until it is dry. Finally, scrub off the dried mask with lukewarm water.
Follow either of these remedies once daily. Within 1 to 2 weeks, you should notice improvement.
Cucumber has natural bleaching properties that help lighten dark elbows and knees. Also, cucumber will help keep the skin moisturized and aid in removing impurities from the outer skin layer.
- Gently rub thick slices of cucumber over your elbows and knees for 10 minutes. Leave it for another 5 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Follow this treatment daily.
- Alternatively, mix together equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Stir in a little turmeric powder. Apply it on the affected areas. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, then wash it off with water. Do this daily.
- Massage your knees and elbows with shea butter or cocoa butter every night before going to bed.
- Rub a thick potato slice over your knees and elbows for 5 minutes daily before taking a shower or bath.
- You can rub a small slice of ripe papaya onto the skin to enjoy soft and supple skin.
- Do not put pressure on your elbows and knees as it can make the skin dark as well as rough.
- Protect your knees and elbows from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays by wearing sunscreen throughout the year.
- Scrub your skin regularly with a scrubber or pumice stone.
- Avoid exfoliating your knees and elbows if you have an open wound as it may make it worse and increase the chances of infection.
- Apply moisturizer regulalrly on your skin to prevent dryness.
- Wear full-length and long-sleeved clothes when you are out and the temperature is high.
- Follow a healthy diet that includes vitamins and minerals for optimal skin nourishment.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday to enjoy soft and healthy skin.