Both almonds and almond oil are good for your skin. Almonds are rich in skin-nourishing properties that can help maintain an even skin tone and keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Massage the affected areas with warm almond oil for about 5 minutes daily before going to bed. Within a few days, you should notice improvement.
- Alternatively, mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of coarsely powdered almonds with a little yogurt to make a thick paste. Apply it on the darkened elbows and knees. Allow it to dry, then with wet fingers rub in circular motions. Wash it off with cold water. Do this once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Mint contains several volatile oils that promote collagen in the body. It helps maintain an even skin tone and makes skin glow with health.
- Boil ½ cup of water with a handful of mint leaves for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the juice of ½ lemon to it, strain and allow the solution to cool.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and rub it on your knees and elbows.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Follow this treatment 1 or 2 times daily until you are satisfied with the results.