Tomatoes are one of the most effective remedies for dark circles. They contain the antioxidant lycopene, which helps lighten the dark circles.
- Blend one medium-size tomato into a paste.
- Add one-half teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and two teaspoons of gram flour to the tomato paste. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply the paste on the dark circles.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this two or three times each week until your dark circles go away completely.
The cooling effect of mint leaves can immediately soothe tired eyes, which in turn helps reduce dark circles.
- Grind a handful of fresh mint leaves into a paste. Add the juice from half a lemon to it.
- Apply the mixture on the dark circles.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Gently pat dry the skin with a soft cloth.
- Do this once daily until you get positive results.