Ginger is another widely used home remedy to treat cervical spondylosis. This herb is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and improves blood circulation. Thus, it helps reduce pain and inflammation in the neck and surrounding areas.
- Drink ginger tea 3 times a day. To make the tea, boil 1 tablespoon of thinly sliced ginger in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Strain, add honey and drink it.
- Alternatively, make a powdered preparation using equal amounts of dried ginger root, celery seeds and cumin seeds. Add rock salt to improve the taste. Eat 1 teaspoon of this powder with water before going to bed.
- You can also massage the affected area with ginger oil a few times daily.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Being rich in anti-inflammatory and alkalizing properties, apple cider vinegar is also a good remedy for cervical spondylosis. It can effectively soothe pain and inflammation in the neck area.
- Place a paper towel soaked in apple cider vinegar over the affected area. Leave it on for a few hours. Do this 2 times daily.
- Another option is to add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm bath water. Soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, once daily.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon of raw and organic apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a glass of water and drink it once daily.