7. Lemon Juice
To strengthen and improve the condition of brittle nails, lemon juice is a good option. Plus, it will help brighten your nails and make them look whiter than ever.
- Mix one tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and three tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Heat it in the microwave for a few seconds, until the mixture feels warm to the touch. Apply it to your nails using a clean cotton swab before going to bed. Wear gloves and leave it on overnight.
- Another option is to mix together equal parts of fresh lemon juice and argan oil and soak your nails in the solution for 20 minutes.
Follow either of these remedies once daily for two to three weeks.
Beer is another effective home remedy for brittle nails. It has selenium, potassium, phosphorus and biotin that help make your nails strong and healthy.
- Heat one-quarter cup of olive oil until it is warm to the touch.
- Mix it with one-quarter cup of apple cider vinegar and one-half cup of beer.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy once or twice a week.