Onion has antifungal, antibiotic as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help treat athlete’s foot. Onion can effectively kill the fungus and prevent it from spreading.
- Grind two onions and strain the juice with the help of a strainer.
- Wash the affected area with an antifungal soap, and then apply the juice on the area.
- Leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash the area with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Apply talcum powder to keep the area moisture free.
Follow this remedy twice a day for at least a month to see positive results.
10. Baking Soda
Baking soda can also be used to cure athlete’s foot. It helps get rid of moisture in the feet and neutralize the pH level of the skin.
- Add a little water to one tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste. Rub the paste between the toes. Leave it on for a few minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water and thoroughly dry your feet. Follow this remedy two or three times a day for several weeks to prevent the fungus from spreading.
- Also, sprinkle some baking soda into your shoes and socks everyday to absorb moisture and prevent recurrence of the fungal infection. Do this for about three weeks for best results.
These home remedies will facilitate as well as speed up the healing process. However, you need to give home treatments at least three weeks to work. If the symptoms get worse, see a doctor.