9. Dried Black Currant
Due to its high concentrations of iron and vitamin C, dried black currant has been found to be a very effective treatment for anemia. Vitamin C enhances the body’s ability to absorb the iron, increasing red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Soak 10 to 12 dried black currants in water overnight.
- The next morning, remove them from the water and remove the seeds.
- Eat them daily before eating your breakfast.
- Follow this remedy for a few weeks.
The high iron content in fenugreek will help maintain the iron in your blood. It also aids new red blood cell production. Both the leaves and seeds of fenugreek can be used in the treatment of anemia.
- Cook one cup of rice with two teaspoons of fenugreek seeds. Add some salt and eat it once daily for at least two to three weeks.
- You can also use fenugreek leaves in your cooking, especially in soups or salads.
These home remedies are great for restoring a healthy red blood cell count in people who have anemia. Following a well-balanced diet is essential to prevent a recurrence.
Tips to Backent Anemia
- Eat foods high iron and vitamins C and B12.
- Take cold baths twice daily to improve blood circulation.
- Cook your food in iron pots to get increased iron content.
- Expose your body to early morning sunlight for 10 minutes daily.
- Include lentils and whole grain cereals in your diet.
- Include more fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Do not have tea, coffee or cocoa with meals.
- Enjoy a warm water bath mixed with Epsom salt a few times a week.
- Exercise regularly and include some strength training to increase muscle mass and fight fatigue.