According to a 2013 study by Chinese researchers, the probiotic called Lactobacillus acidophilus can help reduce the frequency and severity of allergic rhinitis symptoms.
- Buy a high quality probiotic supplement that has 1 to 4 billion organisms per capsule. Take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening for 1 to 2 weeks.
- You can also eat probiotic yogurt on regular basis to boost your immune system.
10. Vitamin C
Vitamin C has antihistamine properties that may help reduce allergy symptoms. Plus, vitamin C will help boost your immune system. This in turn will help prevent infection as well as shorten the duration of an illness.
- Eat foods high in vitamin C like lemons, oranges, broccoli, grapefruit, kiwi, bell peppers, potatoes, strawberries, sprouts and tomatoes.
- You can also take vitamin C supplement daily, but it is always best to consult your doctor before taking any supplement.
- To reduce symptoms, eat a moderately low-fat, high-complex-carbohydrate diet.
- Acupuncture can also be helpful for people with allergic rhinitis.
- Eliminate alcohol, caffeine and dairy products from your diet for a few days.
- You can also take 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil daily to reduce the risk of allergic rhinitis.
- Control dust and dust mites as well as indoor molds during the allergy season.
- Wear a simple mask when going out to avoid exposure to dust.
- Instead of fans which bring in outside air, use an air conditioner in your home and car.
- Use a dehumidifier indoors to reduce humidity.
- Take a bath or shower after coming in from outdoors.
- Change your clothes often after being outside to avoid being exposed to allergens.
- Cover your pillows and mattress with dust mite covers.
- Keep pets out of your bedroom.
- Drink an ample amount of water each day to keep your body hydrated.