Tomatoes are acidic and also offer bleaching properties, thus making them a great ingredient for removing age spots as well as other skin blemishes and freckles.
Also, tomatoes contain enzymes and high lycopene content, a powerful antioxidant known to effectively lighten the skin.
- Simply slice up a tomato and rub one of the slices on the affected areas. Allow the juice to sit on the skin for 20 minutes, then rinse it off using cold water. Repeat once or twice a day.
- Alternatively, mix together equal amounts of tomato juice and honey. Apply the mixture on the affected skin. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Use it once or twice daily.
Sandalwood is another great ingedient for fading age spots. It provides a soothing relief to the skin and helps scars and spots to heal faster. No wonder sandalwood essential oil is found in so many cosmetic products.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with 2 tablespoons of rose water or more rose water to make a paste. You can also add a little lemon juice.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a week until the blemishes fade away.
- Stay indoors during the peak daytime hours, when the sun’s rays are the most intense.
- If going out, use a good sunscreen and try to remain in the shade to limit your sun exposure.
- When buying a sunscreen, choose one that has a sun protection factor (SPF) rating of at least 15 and contains both UVA and UVB protection.
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going out in the sun. Reapply every two hours, or more often if you’re swimming or perspiring.
- To further protect your skin, wear clothing that covers your arms and legs and a broad-brimmed hat.