9. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil contains antibacterial and antioxidant properties, making it a good remedy for an abscessed tooth. It also boosts immunity and helps the body fight tooth infections and speed up the healing process.
- Apply a few drops of oregano oil directly on the affected tooth and gums and leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare a mouthwash by mixing 3 to 5 drops of oregano oil in ¼ cup of warm water. Swish this solution in your mouth for about 10 minutes, then spit it out completely.
Repeat either of these remedies 3 or 4 times a day.
Peppermint works like a miracle when it comes to pain due to an abscessed tooth. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation as well as prevent the spread of infection.
- Rub a few drops of peppermint oil on the affected area using your fingertips for a couple of minutes.
- Also, extract fresh peppermint juice from the leaves and apply it on the affected tooth.
Follow either of these remedies a few times daily.
- Apply a cold compress on your cheek near the aching tooth for a few minutes to get pain relief.
- Drink ½ glass of wheatgrass juice daily on an empty stomach to get relief from abscessed tooth discomforts.
- Brush and floss your teeth twice daily.
- Always use toothpaste containing fluoride to reduce the risk of developing an abscessed tooth.
- Use an antimicrobial mouthwash to rinse your mouth properly to prevent infection.
- Change your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months to ensure proper cleaning of the teeth.
- Stop using tobacco and quit smoking.
- Avoid chewing too much gum.
- Limit consumption of sugary items and rinse your mouth properly after eating sugary items.
- When suffering from an tooth pain or infection, avoid caffeine.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Visit your dentist for regular checkups and professional cleanings.