You can enjoy this refreshing, hydrating watermelon smoothie several times a week. Low in calories and high in nutrition, this pretty pink package is delicious and energizing. Plus, it will help lift your mood and reduce stress.
- When cutting the watermelon into pieces, you do not need to remove the seeds. Watermelon seeds are edible and are composed of 30 percent protein.
- If possible, use fresh rather than packaged coconut water.
- Add 1 cup of cantaloupe and a few strawberries to enhance this smoothie’s taste as well as health benefits.
- If you wish to boost its protein content, add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, flaxseeds, hemp seeds or protein powder.
- You can refrigerate this smoothie for up to 1 day, but it is better to drink it right away.
Refreshing and Hydrating Watermelon Smoothie to Beat the Summer Heat was last modified: May 26th, 2015 by