7. Cold Spoon Compress
A cold spoon also works as a great cold compress, especially for your eyes. It is particularly good for tired and puffy eyes. Cold spoon compress also works well for reducing the pain and swelling of a hickey.
- Chill a few small metal spoons in the freezer for a few hours.
- Place a spoon on your puffy eyes.
- When the spoon becomes somewhat warm, replace it with another cold spoon.
- Do this for 10 minutes on each eye.
8. Unused Diaper Compress
Although it may sound strange, unused diapers can make a great cold compress. Also, the shape of the diaper makes it more flexible for use on different body parts.
- Prepare a solution with equal amounts of rubbing alcohol and water.
- Pour the solution over the clean diaper.
- Roll the damp diaper into a tight, small bundle.
- Put it in the freezer for a few hours.
- Wrap a thick cloth around your homemade cold pack and apply it accordingly.