B – Orange and Lemon Delight
Things you’ll need:
- Water – 2 cups filtered
- Lemon juice – ¼ cup freshly squeezed
- Orange juice – ½ cup freshly squeezed
- Raw honey – 2 to 4 tablespoons
- Unrefined salt – ¼ teaspoon
1. Take one-half cup of orange juice.
2. Add lemon juice to it. Mix the juices together to blend in the sweet and sour flavors.
3. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of raw honey.
4. Pour in water and mix the solution well.
5. Add a little unrefined salt to it.
6. Whisk the ingredients together to completely dissolve the salt and honey.
Enjoy the refreshing treat whenever you want a boost of energy and mood or during and after your workout sessions.
- The water used for making an electrolyte energy drink at home must be as clean as possible. If you do not have a water dispenser at home, simply boil water in a pot before you use it in the drink. Distilled water, the captured vapor from boiling water, is probably the closest to pure water with all the trace elements, minerals, contaminants and pollutants removed.
- You must use only sea salt or real salt to make the drink. Table salt does not contain any of the important minerals, due to the way it is processed.
- For extra benefits, you can substitute the water with an herbal tea infusion.
- If you are ill with a stomach bug, using teas like peppermint or spearmint can be soothing to your digestive system. They help you feel better, while also hydrating the body for a better recovery.
- Always use honey instead of sugar as a sweetener. To further enhance the taste, you can add some mashed mango. You can also add slices of certain fruits to provide a soothing flavor.
- You may use ginger water in the orange and lemon electrolyte drink as well, as ginger helps reduce muscle pain and soreness.
How to Make Your Own Electrolyte Energy Drink at Home was last modified: June 22nd, 2017 by