How to use this homemade toothpaste
- Store this toothpaste in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you need to use it, scoop out a small amount of the paste with a small spatula or spoon. If you have any small ice cream taster spoons, they can come handy here.
- Use the spoon to spread the paste on your toothbrush.
- Brush your teeth as usual, giving equal attention to the front as well as back teeth. Do not expect this homemade toothpaste to foam as it does not contain any soapy ingredient.
- Make sure to rinse your mouth thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Wash your toothbrush as well as the spoon thoroughly to avoid turmeric stains.
Note: Never dip your toothbrush directly in the toothpaste.
- To improve the taste of this homemade toothpaste, you can add 1 teaspoon of stevia to the mixture.
- You can also add mineral clays like bentonite clay in your homemade toothpaste.
- Do not use peppermint oil instead of the extract as essential oils should not be ingested.
- If you are worried about turmeric staining your teeth, rest assured that it will not do so.
- You can opt to store the toothpaste in a piping bag. You just need to cut the corner a little bit and squeeze it out like any other toothpaste.
- The toothpaste can last for several months.
- If the toothpaste begins to dry out, add a bit more coconut oil and mix well before use.
- Use this toothpaste twice daily to brush your teeth.