How to Use
You can use this scrub on your face as well as your hands, elbows, knees, feet and other parts of the body. Apply it once or twice a week.
- Slather your homemade sugar scrub on your skin.
- Massage the scrub over the skin, avoiding any cuts or areas with broken skin.
- Remove the mixture using a wet washcloth.
- Wash your skin with water.
- Follow with a moisturizer.
- If you do not have an essential oil, you can use lemon juice (half a lemon should be enough) and lemon zest in this recipe. It is excellent for your skin because it is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants.
- You may replace the olive oil with coconut oil, canola oil, or almond oil.
- Store the recipe in a wide-mouthed container. Make sure you wash and dry the container beforehand.
- If you are preparing a natural scrub for your body, you may use sea salt instead of sugar.
DIY Homemade Sugar Scrub was last modified: May 13th, 2014 by