Recipe #2: DIY Sea Salt Body Scrub
Things you will need:
- Fine-textured sea salt
- Extra-virgin coconut oil
- Organic, unsweetened coconut milk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A mixing spoon
- A mixing bowl
- A container for storing the mixture
1. Put 1 cup of sea salt in a bowl.
2. Add 1 to 1½ tablespoons of coconut oil.
3. Mix in 4 tablespoons of coconut milk.
4. Transfer the mixture into a container.
Spread your homemade sea salt scrub on your body and gently rub it on your skin using circular motions. Leave it on for a few minutes and then take a hot shower to rinse it off. Use it once, or at most twice, each week.
- Make sure the sea salt you are using is not too coarse as to scratch your skin. To reduce its coarseness, you can grind it in a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle .
- Stir your sea salt scrub before every use as the salt tends to sink to the bottom of the jar.
- Do not apply a sea salt scrub to your face as the salt may irritate the delicate facial skin. Also, avoid using it on sensitive skin, after shaving or where there are cuts or wounds.
- You can also add ingredients like sugar, aloe vera gel, honey, cornmeal, shea butter, cocoa butter, oatmeal, cocoa powder, cinnamon or a citrus juice into your homemade sea salt scrub.
- If you want a simpler homemade sea salt scrub, just mix 1 part olive oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil or any other skin-nourishing oil and 2 parts sea salt. You can add a few drops of a fragrant essential oil, too.
- If you do not have a jar, just keep the recipe in a plastic bag with a zip closure.