DIY Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
Things you will need:
- Low-fat milk
- Plain, low-fat yogurt
- A banana
- Peanut butter
- Ground flaxseeds
- Raw honey or local honey
- Vanilla essence
- A blender
- Measuring cups and spoons
1. Put ½ cup of low-fat milk into the blender.
2. Add ½ cup of yogurt.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of your homemade peanut butter.
4. Add some ground flaxseed.
5. Add ¼ teaspoon of vanilla essence.
6. Add a little honey.
7. Finally, slice a banana into the blender.
8. Process the ingredients until smooth.
Your peanut butter and banana smoothie is ready now.
Yogurt helps create a smooth consistency and provides probiotics that aid digestion. Banana, too, improves digestion and provides fiber, potassium and other nutrients. Flaxseeds add a nutty flavor as well as numerous health benefits due to its fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Have this delicious, healthy smoothie with your breakfast to fuel your body after a tough workout. You can also add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder or a little sweet cocoa powder to the recipe while blending.
- If you do not have roasted peanuts, you can roast shelled peanuts either in an oven (160 to 180 degrees C/325 to 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes) or on a stove. You can also roast them in a microwave. Cook them for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on the oven wattage. Bear in mind that peanuts continue to cook for some time even after you remove them from the heat. After they have cooled, rub them together in your hands to remove the papery skin.
- You can replace the olive oil in this recipe with peanut oil or any other vegetable oil.
- To flavor your peanut butter, add finely ground sea salt, cinnamon powder, cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup to it.
- Store your homemade peanut butter in the refrigerator and it will last for months.
- Needless to say, do not eat peanut butter if you are allergic to peanuts.