A face mask prepared from orange peels may sound like a strange idea, but it is extremely effective. You don’t believe it? Give it a try and you will be amazed by the results!
Being rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, orange peels are great for your skin. In fact, the peels have higher levels of nutrients than the fruit itself.
These nutrients, particularly antioxidants, fight free radicals and help maintain healthy and younger-looking skin. Moreover, the peels contain citric acid that exfoliates and brightens your skin.
Orange peel powder is used in several skin care recipes to control acne, cleanse and open up clogged pores, treat blackheads, reduce oiliness, and add a glow to the skin. You’ll get added benefits from the yogurt and honey used to make this homemade face mask.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, a mild alpha hydroxy acid that helps exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells, promotes skin lightening, helps fade blemishes and dark spots, stimulates collagen production, and prevents premature aging. In addition, yogurt has hydrating and moisturizing properties that nourish your skin.
It contains zinc, an important component that promotes skin regeneration and works as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Honey works as natural humectant and helps the skin retain moisture. Being a natural cleanser, it promotes clear and glowing skin. Honey is also packed with antioxidants and antibacterial properties that slow down skin aging and fight acne.
How to make an orange peel face mask
Things you will need
- Three oranges
- A blender
- A bowl
- Measuring spoons
- A mixing spoon
1. Remove the peels from three oranges.
2. Tear the peels into small pieces, wash them, and spread them out for drying.
3. Put the orange peels out in the sun for about three days.
4. Then, collect the dried peels and put them in a blender.
5. Grind them for three to five minutes at high speed to make a fine powder.
6. Now, mix together two teaspoons of the orange peel powder, two teaspoons of plain yogurt and one teaspoon of honey.
Now, your homemade orange peel face mask is ready to use.