Your delicious, healthy homemade hummus is ready! You can enjoy it with pita wedges, sliced veggies (carrots, cucumbers, broccoli or tomatoes) or use it as a replacement for sandwich spreads. However, be sure to eat this savory dip in moderation.
- Adjust the proportions of the ingredients according to your taste.
- Depending on your taste, you can also add other ingredients like zucchini, bell peppers, roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, jalapenos and smoked paprika.
- Cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker until they are soft and plump.
- Discard the water in which you soaked the chickpeas, but save the water in which you boiled them to add in the hummus while blending.
- To make the hummus smoother, pinch off the skins from the cooked chickpeas before grinding them.
- Keep the remaining tahini and your homemade hummus in separate airtight containers and store them in the refrigerator. They can last for several weeks.