Recipe #2: DIY Bentonite Clay & Green Tea Face Mask
Things you will need:
- Bentonite clay
- Green tea
- Aloe vera gel
- A non-metal spoon or spatula
- Non-metal measuring spoons
- A non-metal mixing bowl
1. Put 2 tablespoons of bentonite clay into a bowl.
2. Add a few tablespoons of freshly brewed green tea.
3. Add ½ tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
4. Mix it thoroughly and add more green tea little by little, if required, to get a smooth paste.
Your DIY homemade bentonite clay and green tea face mask is ready now.
How to use a bentonite clay face mask
- Wash your face.
- Spread the mask on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes or until it dries completely.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use it once or twice a week.
- Prefer to use grey- or cream-colored bentonite clay; the clay in the pictures above is brown due to its high iron content.
- When preparing a bentonite clay beauty mask, use non-metal utensils to avoid the metals from utensils leaching into the clay and making the mask less effective. Some good options are plastic, glass, wood and ceramic.
- To get ground oatmeal for the DIY bentonite clay and oatmeal mask, you can grind instant oatmeal in a blender, food processor or coffee grinder.
- To make green tea for the DIY bentonite clay and green tea face mask, prepare green tea by steeping a green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Another easy bentonite clay mask can be prepared simply by mixing sufficient water with 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay. You can also add rose water to it.
DIY Homemade Bentonite Clay Face Masks for Acne was last modified: April 3rd, 2015 by