A nourishing and hydrating cucumber mask is excellent for aging skin. Due to its astringent and soothing ingredients, it will also benefit acne-prone and sunburned skin.
Cucumber contains the trace mineral silica that rejuvenates your skin and strengthens the connective tissues to help maintain elasticity and combat wrinkles.
Being an astringent, it also tightens the skin and keeps it hydrated, thanks to its high water content. Plus, it is a good source of vitamin C and other antioxidants that help maintain clear, glowing and younger-looking skin. It is good for reducing dark circles under the eyes, too.
The anti-aging cucumber face mask also includes aloe vera, lemon juice and rose water. Aloe vera is another great ingredient for aging skin as it stimulates cell renewal. Also, the soothing and moisturizing gel is good for treating acne and sunburn. Sun damage is a key contributor to skin aging.
Lemon juice and rose water are also incredible for your skin due to their antioxidant and skin-tightening properties. Plus, they help fade blemishes, reduce age spots, minimize large pores and add a youthful glow to your skin. The wonderful smell of rose water also has a calming and relaxing effect, thus reducing stress.
How to make an anti-aging cucumber face mask
Things you will need:
- 1/2 cucumber
- Aloe vera gel
- Rose water
- A bowl
- A knife
- A blender
- Measuring spoons
1. Peel one-half of a cucumber.
2. Chop it.
3. Toss the cucumber chunks into a blender.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of pure rose water.
7. Blend the mixture for a couple of minutes.
Your homemade anti-aging cucumber face mask is ready now.
How to use
- Wash your face and neck, and pat dry.
- Apply this beauty mask on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off and then splash cold water on your face.
- Do this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
Note: This face mask may not be suitable for those with sensitive skin due to its astringent quality.
- Instead of a blender, you can use a fork to mash up the cucumber chunks.
- Use fresh aloe vera gel extracted from an aloe leaf. You can find the steps here.
- Add one teaspoon of organic honey in this recipe to make it more moisturizing.
- Also eat refreshing and hydrating cucumbers to maintain healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Korean researchers have found that taking aloe vera gel internally can also help reduce wrinkles and improve elasticity. You can consume as little as 1/4 teaspoon of the gel daily for a few months. Do not take it in excess though, because it has a laxative effect.