Recipe #2: Homemade Red Lentils Hair Removal Mask
Things you will need:
- Red lentils
- Fuller’s earth
- Sandalwood powder
- Raw honey
- A grinder
- Measuring spoons
- A bowl and a mixing spoon
1. Grind ½ cup of red lentils in a grinder until you have a fine powder.
2. Put 2 tablespoons of the powdered red lentils in a bowl.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey.
6. Mix well to form a paste.
How to Use
- Spread either of these pastes on your skin where there is unwanted hair growth.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes or more, until it dries.
- While scrubbing it off, rub it against the direction of your hair growth.
- Rinse your skin with cool water.
- Use either of these beauty masks regularly a few times a week.
- You may have to grind and sieve red lentils a few times to get a fine powder. If you want the mixture to be less coarse, soak the lentils in water for a few hours before grinding them.
- Store the remaining powdered red lentils in an airtight container.
- When scrubbing off the mask, you can moisten your hands with olive oil, milk or water to make the process of scrubbing gentler on your skin.
- If you want instant results, use a homemade sugar wax prepared by heating a mixture of 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon each of honey and water. You can find this recipe in detail in this post.
DIY Hair Removal Masks with Chickpea Flour and Red Lentils was last modified: July 25th, 2015 by