Recipe #2: Homemade Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Gel Moisturizer
Things you will need:
- Fresh aloe vera gel
- Extra-virgin coconut oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Peppermint or any other essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Measuring spoons
- A blender
- A glass container to store it in
1. Put about 4 teaspoons of aloe vera gel into a blender.
2. Melt 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a microwave or double-boiler, then add it to the blender.
3. Add ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
4. Blend the mixture for a couple of minutes.
5. Optionally, stir in a few drops of peppermint essential oil or any other essential oil of your choice.
Like the whipped coconut oil moisturizer, you can store this recipe in the refrigerator for several weeks and use it in the same way.
This homemade skin moisturizer also works well as a lip moisturizer. You can even use it as a homemade shaving lotion to help soften the hair and prevent razor burn. Just apply a thin layer of it on your skin and let it sit for 1 or 2 minutes before shaving.
- Make sure you rinse the aloe vera leaf thoroughly before extracting the gel. You can find the steps to extract the gel in this post.
- You can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in your whipped coconut oil lotion. While whisking the coconut oil in this recipe, make sure it is not too runny.